Scholarships for college, university or technical training encourage academic achievement for our children. These awards also encourage our young students to participate in campus activities and engage in community service opportunities.
When granted, these renewable awards, assist our students with up to $2,500 per year toward their tuition expense.
The Swift Scholarship is administered by the Arizona Community Foundation and can be renewed annually for up to 4 consecutive years (8 semesters).
Who is Eligible for a Scholarship?
- A U.S. Citizen,
- 21 years of age or younger at the application deadline when first applying,
- A child or dependent of a Swift Transportation employee (Company Driver, Office, Shop, Owner/Operator) who has been employed for at least two years by the application deadline,
- A graduating senior from an accredited high school or a student already attending an accredited post-secondary institution,
- Accepted by and planning to enroll as a full-time student in an accredited, nonprofit, post-secondary institution,
- An active participant in school and community activities,
- In need of financial assistance as determined by FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
How to Apply
- "Sign Up" and complete the online scholarship application.
Swift Scholarship Page at the Arizona Community Foundation Website
- Submit all other required information and documentation including FAFSA, transcripts and essay by MAY 15, 2017 Deadline.
- The Arizona Community Foundation Scholarship Committee reviews completed applications and general information to make the outcome determination.
- The Scholarship Committee sends letters to applicants informing them of the final decision. They will also monitor the renewal process for those who wish to renew their Swift Scholarship in the future.
Arizona Community Foundation
2201 East Camelback Road
Suite 405 B
Phoenix, AZ 85016